scoring n : evaluation of performance by assigning a grade or score; "what he disliked about teaching was all the grading he had to do" [syn: marking, grading]
- Of something or someone that scores.
- The highest scoring team will win the match.
- The process of keeping score in a sport or contest.
- The scoring of a tennis match is overseen by a single referee.
- The process of winning
points in a sport or
- Scoring a basket in basketball is worth two or three points.
- The action of scratching paper or other material to make it easier to fold.
- present participle of score
Score may refer to:
Numbers and statistics
- Score (game), a number of points achieved in a sporting event or game.
- a unit of twenty
- Score (statistics), the derivative, with respect to some parameter θ, of the logarithm of the likelihood function
- Raw score, an original datum that has not been transformed
- Standard score, a dimensionless quantity derived from the raw score
- Baseball scoring, a shorthand method of keeping track of statistics in a baseball game
Arts and crafts
- Musical score, a set of instructions giving the overall picture of a composition
- Dance score, a set of choreographic instructions expressed in a dance notation.
- SCORE notation program, a music scorewriter
- Film score, a sound recording of the music in a film
- Score (album), the live CD/DVD by progressive metal band Dream Theater
- Score (film), a 1972 pornographic film
- Score, a UK-based football comic, originally Score and Roar, published in 1970, merged with rival comic Scorcher in 1971
- A method used to join two pieces of pottery, each side is scored and then pressed together
- I Like to Score, an album by Moby, punning on the sexual, drug related, and film music uses of the word
- Final Score/Score, a BBC soccer programme
- Score, a sports trading card brand
- Score (magazine), a pornographic magazine
- SCORE, a Czech games magazine
- SCORE (Spain), a free general sports magazine
- SCORE (television), a defunct joint television network
- Score Entertainment, makers of the Dragon Ball Z trading card game
- Score Inverness, a former radio company
- SCORE (306) Radio: Counselors to America's Small Business, a radio show hosted by SCORE Westchester, Chapter 306
- a slang term for the verb of sexual intercourse or related sexual activity
- SCORE Association, originally an acronym for Service Corps of Retired Executives, a resource partner with the Small Business Administration
- SCORE! Educational Centers
- SCORE International, an Offroad racing organization
- Acronym for the "Statistics, Computing, Operational Research and Economics" degree programme offered by University College London
scoring in German: Score
scoring in French: Score
scoring in Dutch: Score
scoring in Japanese: スコア
scoring in Norwegian: Score
scoring in Simple English: Score
scoring in Serbian: Партитура
scoring in Swedish: Lista över golftermer#Score